Welcome to the Archdiocese of Verapoly
Archdiocese of Verapoly is one of the oldest christian communities believed to have been christened by St. Thomas the Apostle. It was originally known as the Vicariate of Malabar, erected by Pope Alexander VII on the 3rd December, 1659 and established its headquarters in the island of Verapoly. On 19th of March, 1887 the Catholics of the Syrian Rite were separated from those of the Latin Rite and placed under an Administrator Dr. Marcelino Bernard of St. Teresa OCD, who was consecrated Co-adjutor to Archbishop Mellano. Thus the Archdiocese of Verapoly came to consist exclusively of Latin Catholics .
LINKS RELATING TO THE ARCHDIOCESE OF VERAPOLY
|Catholic Church||Church in India||Church in Kerala||Synod Survey|